Wednesday, July 6, 2011

115 Degrees is Hotter than I Thought it Would Be...


It's official. We are now officially residents of the state of Arizona. Like any major change in life, it will take some getting used to, but I think we're really gonna love it here. The move turned out to be quite the process. Luckily the gallons of sweat I lost didn't cause any water damage to the camera. Here are just a few pictures that were taken between fits of heat exhaustion. 
I orchestrated a little farewell dinner with some of my best friends the night before we left. All my clothes were literally buried 8 feet deep in the back of a Uhaul, so above outfit was resourcefully purchased (for under $20) beforehand. I didn't feel it was proper to bid farewell in the sweaty and stained shorts/plaid shirt combo I'd been sporting for literally three days. These girls are the best, hands down, and I'll miss them a lot.
Pumping gas in Kingman, AZ. Confession: the only reason I included this picture is because I think I look delightfully (and misleadingly) waif-ish and thin, like a withering reed about to blow away in the hot Arizona wind. Sorry Kingman- Mary Kate Olsen was not at your Texaco last weekend.


 Someone call the Lifetime channel- here is some quality acting. Brock displays his disgust at how expensive the Uhaul was to fill up. That $99 tank was one of many we burned through on the 12 hour drive.

 This was a fake smile. I repeat- fake smile. This picture was taken between emotional breakdowns- apparently moving sloppily packed boxes up three flights of stairs in 115 degree heat was among life's toughest challenges for me. Pathetic, I know. 

This time, Brock is not acting. This completely candid picture doesn't do the situation justice- there were way more boxes and much more sweat. Brock is seriously the hardest worker I know. I am a dang lucky girl.
 Finally, our apartment started to take shape. Here are some more pictures.




1 comment:

  1. Your apartment is so cute! I'm glad you made it safely and are moved in. I can't wait to hear about some of your Arizona adventures.

    ReplyDelete