Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July/My Birthday

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much of a birthday this year. With all the hassles of moving/getting situated, I figured the early July holidays would kind of get pushed under the rug. And I was fine with that! From all the "grown up" experiences we've had lately (moving, buying a freaking couch etc.), not to mention the new stuff (again, new apartment, new couch etc.), I feel like I have already had a lifetime's worth of birthdays. But of course, my sweetheart of a husband wasn't going to let this quarter century event go by uncelebrated. I always think of the 4th of July and my birthday as one long holiday, so here are pics from both days.


 We ventured to downtown Phoenix for some sort of 4th of July celebration. As was expected, there were plenty of ice cream cones enjoyed and Neil Diamond songs played. Turns out Phoenix doesn't magically get cool when the sun goes down. After a few sweaty hours, we bailed early and didn't actually see any fireworks.

 Brock posing in front of some sort of military aircraft. 
 The morning of my birthday, Brock made me breakfast. Yes I am one of those people who eats ketchup with everything. I also may or may not have consumed an entire jar of jam with my pancakes. Hey, you only turn 25 once.
This car was NOT a birthday present. However, it's arrival did conveniently correspond with my birthday so this picture is being posted here. It is a Mazda CX-7 and it's most appreciated feature is definitely the great air conditioning. 

Brock is the absolute best gift-giver. Yes, I am incredibly easy to buy for; there is ALWAYS something I am wanting and I'm usually pretty vocal about it. Brock just happens to remember things and then go about getting them in a secretive sneaky way so I'm always surprised. These sandals were much needed, as my usual flip flops have recently turned my feet into a blistered mess. These sunglasses are not the actual sunglasses Brock got me, but mine are down in the car and I'm not about to venture into the 110 degree heat to snap a picture.  When I expressed a desire for "moderately priced sunglasses", I didn't actually think I would get some anytime soon. Once again, home run by Brock.

 Brock made me the cutest, tastiest birthday cake ever. There were only 24 candles on it, but who wants to buy 2 24 count packages for just one candle? We're on a budget here...
 Thanks to the generosity of certain family members, I got myself a new and much needed wallet and purse. The purse looks sort of like either a scripture case or something you'd strap onto the side of a horse. I love it.
After a day at the pool, shopping, dinner out and an Armegeddon-esque dust storm, we returned home to enjoy Brock's culinary creation. Take special note of the Yellowstone shirt I am wearing. I have now worn that shirt every night for 6 days straight. Best $7 I ever spent.


4 comments:

  1. Love all these photos, love the car and the purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Glad that you were able to celebrate it a little bit. The older I get, it seems like my birthday isn't a big deal and is kind of lame! Glad you are enjoying Phoenix! And I love your front room/couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cad--I'm so thrilled you had an awesome bday! twenty five!!!
    Brock, thanks for spoiling carr, afterall she deserves it.
    I love your cake, purse, wallet, mazda!---it is gorgeous!--plus i love white. :)--but the Yellowstone t-shirt is my fave. Maybe next year you can get one with a wolf howling at the moon.--those are a collector's item.
    Yeah, so how was that HUGE dust storm?!--that is so weird.

    ReplyDelete