Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Wasted Wish. Thanks a Lot, Pinterest.

I purposefully waited up all evening tonight so I could make a wish at 11:11, 11/11/11.

(Note: I missed the AM occurrence due to my reluctant and very awkward participation in a break dancing contest at our company's Veterans Day Barbecue this morning. My fierce competition consisted of 4 black 13 year olds, most armed with converse high tops/hoodies, an impressive collection of "moves" and absolutely no inhibitions. Yes, I believe this situation deserves a blog post of its own.)

Since Brock fell asleep at around 9:00, I had a few hours to kill before the magic moment arrived. What better way to waste time than to poke around on the ever-addicting Pinterest, right? 

Wrong. I was so mesmerized by Pinterest's captivating array of whimsical craft ideas, dogs/babies in costumes, calorie dense recipes, work out tips and Jennifer Aniston's hair that I completely missed the magic moment.

At exactly 11:12 I looked up at the clock. What? Are you kidding me? I missed the greatest wishing opportunity of this lifetime all because I was too engrossed in a tutorial on making your own pore cleansing strips out of gelatin.

Well shoot, there goes my Range Rover, 25 inch waist, seasonally replenishing J Crew wardrobe and jaw dropping breakdance skills. (The latter was a new addition to my wishlist as of this morning.)

On the plus side, I'm quite excited to purchase some plain gelatin tomorrow. Good bye and good riddance, blackheads.

Seriously, this is the kind of thing I've been wasting my time on tonight:



Haha. (Sheepish laughter.) I can't help it. It is a little funny... Or maybe I just need to go to bed.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha Pinterest is the new Facebook of time wasters. Let me know how that gelatin works out... And please continue this blogging phase, I am thoroughly enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been avoiding Pinterest because I hear how much everyone loves it and can get sucked in. But I would have loved to see your awesome break dance moves. White girl can groove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing. Pinterest is a trap. and I don't believe it's possible you lost a dance off.

    ReplyDelete