Wednesday, November 16, 2011

All the Latest Haps (Really Hip Slang Word for "Happenings")

A typical day for Brock and Carolyn these days? Wake up, work, eat, sleep, repeat. Again and again.

Luckily there are a few exceptions. 

Here are some pictures from a few delightfully non-typical days we've had recently.


My mom and me at...a hockey game?Yes! My parents came to visit us a few weeks ago! It was so fun to see them, and I felt so grown up hosting my parents ay my own apartment. We went to a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game one night which was surprisingly really entertaining. Even my mom got into it. 
(She is notorious in our family for reading Harry Potter III during a Mariner's game once, so obviously this is a big deal.) I got into it too. So into it apparently, that I forgot to relieve my dad from camera duty and get a picture with him in it. Sorry Dad.


Whenever the Coyotes scored, everyone would howl. So of course, being the super fan I am, I joined in enthusiastically.  Unfortunately Brock informed me that I was howling all wrong. Apparently a howl is more of a one syllable ordeal. I was doing more of a two syllable "A-WOO" sort of thing.

 Note to Mom: Mom, before you get offended that I cropped you out of this picture, I think you should know that this was the shot in which your face looked like it had an extra bone in it. Or some weird plastic surgery situation going on. I personally think you looked great but rather than risk your retaliation on your blog (you have some incriminating pictures of me) I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Love you! :)

 
 Last weekend we went over to this cute little town in the middle of nowhere called Fountain Hills. There is this pretty (man made, of course) lake with a huge 300 foot fountain in the middle. Unfortunately the fountain was turned off before we could get a picture, so just imagine a huge beautiful fountain behind us.(At first, Brock told me the fountain was natural and I believed him for like 20 minutes. I was in the middle of a rant about Old Faithful being overrated when he finally interrupted me with the truth.)

 See, isn't this place pretty? And the weather was perfect. A nice breezy 70 degrees all afternoon. Not bad for November. Maybe I can get used to this Arizona weather thing after all... I really need to work on some new poses for my solo pictures. I've just about reached my "one hand on the hip" quota.

After the fake lake, we went to a real lake called Saguaro Lake. It was even prettier. But we had to leave before we got many pictures because this weird man and his son (both with huge guts and ponytails) kept giving us traveling tips and I got sick of nodding and fake laughing.
 The weekend before last, we went up to St. George for a quick weekend trip and hiked Angel's Landing up in Zions with Brock's family. This bunch of troopers made it all the way up to the top despite our lack of legit hiking apparel and the impending blizzard. Well, maybe it wasn't a blizzard. But it was definitely snowing.

 This background could be straight from Lord of the Rings, no? The misty mountains of Middle Earth... If only I were wearing my elf robes, or maybe a Gollum loincloth... I swear, since we've moved to the city, I am more enchanted with beautiful scenery than ever. I will never take fall leaves for granted again, I swear! 

Doesn't this tree stump look just like a baby bear? We all seriously thought it was a wood carving someone had ditched beside the trail. 

Jenn (Brock's mom) doing an "Angel Pose" on Angel's Landing. This is actually an action shot from a whole wing flapping cliff side routine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow aren't you just quite the hostess with the mostess! Hockey games and all! I am glad you posted pics- your hair is very cute!

    ReplyDelete