Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Token Thanksgiving Post

Since my poor husband had to work literally every day of Thanksgiving weekend (yes, even the holiday itself), he selflessly bought me a plane ticket and shipped me off to Utah to be with my family for the holiday. I missed him a lot, and the thought of him sitting on the couch alone, eating a big Mac for Thanksgiving dinner almost put me in tears, but it was great to be home and see my family. I didn't take very many pictures, and the few I did take didn't turn out great, but here are a few snapshots of the long weekend.

My mom, me and my twin cousins Beth and Emma. My cousins put a lot of thought into their Thanksgiving Day outfits. Beth's "Cape Cod, Massachusetts" shirt was worn in honor of our ancestors' place of entry (Plymouth, MA) when they arrived to this new land. Emma's pilgrim collar compliments the sail boat (of Mayflower) pattern on her skirt.  
My Dad smoked this turkey outside in the backyard, using some sort of smoking contraption. It tasted fantastic.
This picture makes me laugh out loud, because it showcases the holiday so nicely. While most families use fancy tablecloths and festive dinnerware, this band of muppets dined (and played games) at a card table with a folded up ping pong table in the background. We loved every minute of it.
Joel, Shad and I in the back of the car, on our way up to Temple Square to see the lights.

Some random man took this picture so I couldn't be picky about how it turned out.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Shad! How I miss that little guy. He's grown up but still looks the same :) I'm glad you got to go home for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete