Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wedding Weekend

After a two hour delay, mile long walk down the Sky Harbor Airport tarmac, and rickety flight in a stuffy 20 person airplane with no air conditioning, I finally arrived in Utah Friday night. Why? Because one of my best friends, Hayden, got married! I realized that I don't really have any pictures with her husband in them, but let me just tell you- their future offspring will have won the genetic lottery. They are so happy and go together so well. I am thrilled for them!

Here are some pictures from the big day.


 
 This was the funniest part of the day. These tourists insisted on taking multiple pictures with Hayden. They might have thought she was a celebrity? I mean, she is tall, skinny and blonde... I like this particular shot because it has the most peace signs. 


 Hayden looked absolutely amazing. And sticking that Barbie doll into the middle of her bouquet was such a creative touch! Just kidding. Really crappy joke.


 I hate this picture because my belly literally eclipses three fourths of Hayden's body. This baby is negative four months old and he's already trying to take center stage. 


 Janae and I doing awkward preggy poses. Get this- Janae (who is also 23 weeks pregnant) ran a HALF MARATHON that morning. She literally got ready for the wedding in a public bathroom at the Gateway. There is no way her baby won't be the epitome of cool and I am insistent that our children be friends.


 The photographer wanted us to do kissy faces. Actually, I think she requested "sexy faces" and that's what I came up with.


 Me with my arm around my ghost husband. Yes, at the time I thought this was a funny idea. I was the ninth wheel tagging along with 4 couples all day. I definitely wish Brock had been there, but it was a really fun group. Additional detail: right after this picture was taken I noticed one of the groomsmen rifling around in my purse, which was on the ground just outside this shot. Apparently he thought it belonged to someone else. It was really fun asking him what exactly he was looking for in my purse.


 Lindsey and I creating a "heart" over my belly with our hands. It would have been funnier if I'd been wearing some sort of sheer cropped shirt and a really serious facial expression. However, we were on temple grounds. 

Hayden and her beautiful assortment of bridesmaids. I really wish I hadn't tucked in my shirt that night. I think the tucked-in look visually added an entire trimester to my pregnancy.

4 comments:

  1. Love the ghost husband ha!! I miss you already. I couldn't stop talking to BIlly about how I wish you lived here right this second....come faster! That was such a perfect day! LOVE YOU CAROL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carolyn, You look so beautiful and grown up and pg. I will call you soon just to hear your vvvvoice. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ghost husband, love the groomsman rifling around in your purse, love the asians and mostly I love how amazing you look pregnant! You are so pretty, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finally look pregnant! Ahhh, I miss you. I am so sad I couldn't make it to Hayden's reception. And that dress looks awfully familiar...and super cute. : )

    ReplyDelete