Thursday, May 31, 2012

California Trip

Last week Brock and I joined the rest of the Sargent crew for a nice trip to sunny, warm beautiful California. Here are some poorly organized photos from the vacation.


The whole Sargent crew. I really hope our baby inherits the Sargent "quick tan" gene. I mistakenly thought I could handle the same amount of sun exposure as these golden goddesses and am now paying the price with aloe vera lotion every 2-3 hours.

I love this picture because it is completely candid. Brock really was that happy out there. He also insisted on keeping his glasses on. I wish you could see the hot pink chums he had secured them with. I also really wish there was a discreetly creepy shark fin in there behind him somewhere. 

The Sargent boys. Actually, more like the Sargent men. 

Brock, me and the baby. I don't know if the little guy loved or hated the cold water, but he kicked around like crazy the entire time we were in there.

Why is waking up at the crack of dawn to exercise even when on vacation a good idea? So you can look like this on the beach, of course. I obviously did not participate in these early morning runs. 

Here is the problem with this picture: I don't look pregnant here. Instead, I just look like I've put on 30 or so pounds. I've got to figure out a good pose to use for the next few months to avoid this. Sea World was great. Although our group probably had the highest average age of all the groups there, we were definitely not lacking in enthusiasm. I never knew a tank full of Nurse Sharks could provide so much joy.

Bailey, Brock and me waiting for the Shamu show to start. Brock seems to be having a hard time being patient. Although discreetly littered with subliminal environmentalist propaganda, the show was awesome. Also, I'm pretty sure this picture wasn't taken with a '90s disposable camera, so I'm not sure why the date and time appeared in the bottom corner.

I think this was a real Great White Shark jaw. Or maybe it was just a life size replica. Either way, it is terrifying. So is my posture. 


I found myself secretly wishing I was an animal trainer the whole day. I guess this is what you do with a Marine Biology degree. They also seemed quite proficient in rhythmic clapping and other simple dance moves. Or maybe those were actually their way of communicating with the animals.

The ladies in front of the Sea Turtle tank. Again, not quite sure why the date and time appeared in the corner. Brock missed out on this picture because he was actively listening to and asking questions to the guide, whom everyone else had learned to tune out. This is why Brock is smarter than me.


4 comments:

  1. You crack me up Caroyln!! Love your blog! We loved having you here at the Kennedy Beach home!!! Also...love your new artistic profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun trip! Your swimsuit is so cute too. I love your witty humor and comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog. You are a good writer with your touch of humor. Take after your mother and me. I DID have a sense of humor until I got old.

      Delete
  3. Sea World is the best adult activity. I'm still curious why they kept pushing the word, "Believe" on me during the whale show. I'm pretty sure I've never doubted the existence of whales.

    Please keep blogging. I love laughing while reading blogs, as opposed to rolling my eyes and studying pictures like it's gonna be on an exam. I still studied your pictures. You look hot.

    ReplyDelete