Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunshine

This is going to be a hard post to write. As I post pictures of beautiful red rock, green grass and 65 degree temperatures, it is a bone chilling 23 degrees outside. The space heater blasting 6 inches away from me is just no substitute from that southern Utah sun.

Last weekend we were able to escape the sub-arctic temperatures for a few days and enjoyed visiting Brock's family in St. George. The drive down flew by, mostly due to sunshine, a happy, complacent baby, the always enjoyable company of my sis-in-law Bailey, Sonic breakfast burritos and access to Spotify on my phone. After what, 2 years of its existence? I finally broke down and signed up for the Premium trial. Let me tell you, I am SOLD. Access to like 90% of all music ever created within seconds on MY PHONE? Wherever I go? I'll take it. I just hate how if you forget to change the settings, it shares everything you listen to with all your Facebook friends. I apologize to all you who were plagued with important updates like "Carolyn Gassman Sargent starred "I Need a Girl: Part II" from the Bad Boys Soundtrack on Spotify." This is news that nobody needs to know.

Here are some of the weekend's documented highlights.

We did this amazing hike with Brock's mom, his cousin Jordon and his wife Ashley to a rock formation called "The Toilet Bowl" in a town called Gunlock. Take note of the hiking stick. Not only does it make us look like legit hikers, it somehow makes hiking way more fun.
Me, Brock and Jenn (mother-in-law). I really wasn't going to let go of that hiking stick for anything, was I?




Jumpy pic fail. Although, if you look closely, I'm pretty sure you could slide a piece of paper under my left toe.


Ahh, success! You don't want to know how many tries it took to get this. Synchronized jumping is as exhausting as it is cheesy.

What's this? An Abbey Road re-creation on red rocks? I don't know how I thought that this "pose" resembled Sir Paul McCartney. Once again, I have ruined an otherwise successful picture.

The cardigan was shed shortly after this picture was taken. It was a beautiful day at the baseball field. 65 degrees (or more) and not a cloud in the sky.
Too bad nobody ever wants to hang out with this poor, attention starved baby...

5 mile morning run. Rule: you can only run in this family if you sport neon gear. Thank goodness I have bright shoes because my tendency to buy all grey/black/white clothing nearly disqualified me. The starting lineup (from left to right): 4 models from a fitness magazine, Quasimodo and Rocky.


All in all, it was an awesome weekend. I think I'm about ready to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment